Definition: Construction products are products, building materials, components and installations, as well as construction kits, which are manufactured to be permanently installed in building structures (civil engineering) and the use of which can affect the basic requirements for building structures. Construction products may only be used if they ensure that the structure meets the legal requirements and is fit for use when properly maintained.
Major differences to other product regulations in the EU:
- distinction between harmonized and non-harmonized construction products
- obligation to apply harmonized standards
- systems for "testing and assessment of constancy of performance"
- preparation of a declaration of performance
- product labelling with CE or, if applicable, Ü mark
- product-dependent proof of usability at national level
Our customers in this category are importers and distributors, but also manufacturers. Consequently, we are familiar with many details of labelling regulations, the contents and the creation of associated declarations and instructions, and thus deal with issues of product compliance, but also material compliance.